Contact Bob Kahn, CCIM at 434 245-5050.
- SOLD- 7-16-2010
- Unique development opportunity in the heart of the CBD in Charlottesville, VA, home of the University of Virginia
- Prime Prime Prime location on the west end of the Downtown Mall, across from the Omni Hotel, with additional street level frontage on Water Street
- PRICED TO SELL, the property is offered at a deep discount to the 2010 assessed value of $6,547,000
- City code entitles up to 175 development rights if a Special Use Permit is granted. The property is entitled to +/- 31 by-right development rights (all subject to conforming with associated zoning/building codes)
- Building has +/- 30896 gsf and is sold subject to an existing leasehold for a portion of the building that has its own separate entrance on Water St (a 3003 sf Retail space). The remaining +/-27893 sf, currently operating as an ice skating rink, will convey vacant.
- The property is zoned Downtown Corridor with Historic overlay ("DH"), and is in the Urban Core Parking Zone. Questions related to zoning should be directed to Brian Haluska, the City planner assigned to this parcel - 434 970-3186.
- Click here to see the ice rink.
- Click here to see the Water Street retail entrance at the rear of the property.
- Click here to see the 2010 City of Charlottesville Tax Assessment.
- Click here to see the survey for the property.
- Click here to see architectural drawings (4.8kb download).
- Click here to preview a portion of the City zoning code that pertains to the property.
Directions: The Charlottesville Ice Park is located on the west end of the Downtown Mall. From Washington, DC take Rt 29 south to Rt 250 east. Take the McIntire Street exit and proceed to Market Street. Take a left on Market Street and park. The Downtown Mall (Main Street) is a pedestrian only street one block to your right. Walk to the west end of the Mall. The Ice Park is on your left.